‘Author Talk Interview Session’ was created to promote fellow authors and their work. The interview questions will spotlight the guest writer, show them love, peace, and respect by allowing them to tell you about their books, other projects and plans to promote. It is also designed to give an author who reads the blog interview posted, insights on how they can grow and share in this huge literary field. This blog interviews will be posted on Facebook, GoodReads, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and NetworkedBlogs.
RAVEN’S MISSION STATEMENT: I firmly believe God’s way of doing business is the best method. When we join hands with each other it not only helps us learn and grow it creates bonds between fellow authors. As team players, we will learn to share instead of competing, grasping and grabbing for recognition and financial gain.
Today’s guest is Jana Letterman. Jana and I met through LinkedIn and since that day, I have enjoyed many posts of encouragement and inspiration. I hope you will enjoy Jana interview as much as I did.
Jana’s (copy/pasted) questionnaire answers:
1. What genre do you write? I am a Christian-based writer, non-fiction writer.
2. What inspired you to write? My own life experiences and an urging inside from God. My first book, “The D Diary” is my personal journey dealing with the suicides of two grandfathers, my family’s experience with depression and my own depression. Throughout the book, I weave in inspiration and how God has led me through the journey.
3. What have you written? “The Diary”, “Claim Your Crown”, “Claim Your Crown Devotional & Study Guide”. I am also a contributing author of “Groove”.
4. How many books do you have published? 4
5. Who is your publisher? Self-published through Amazon.
6. What are you promoting at the moment? Currently promoting my latest book, “Claim Your Crown”. It is a book that explores how women form their self-worth. It examines several women from the Bible and the ways the Lord used them no matter what their past choices and mistakes had been.
7. Do you enjoy meeting people and promoting your work? Absolutely! The journey has been amazing so far. God’s power is unbelievable and being able to see how God has used my story to comfort others is the only reason I continue to write.
8. Would you travel and do speaking engagements to promote your book(s)? Yes, I am currently seeking opportunities to speak about my books and other topics.
9. List some places you would like to visit and meet fans? Women’s retreats, women’s events, bookstores, church events, other community events
10. Tell us your successful methods of promoting? Thus far, my promotion efforts have included social media, community events, group membership, and engagement, speaking engagements and word-of-mouth.
11. Are you planning to write more books? Yes, I’m currently researching and writing a book about Eve. It will not be your typical “Eve dialogue”. Rather, my goal is to explore the magnitude of the facts that Eve was not only the first woman but also the first wife, the first mother and her other primary roles. We will have fun exploring other facts such as she never went on a date, she never was courted by a man etc….
12. Where can we purchase your work? Amazon.com, my website www.alightfilledlife.com and my Facebook page.
13. In what formats can we purchase your book(s)? (ex. a. paperback b. E-book c. audio) Paperback and E-Book
14. How can we keep up with your journey? My goal is to walk bravely through any door God opens. I want to tell my story of grace and healing via my books and through speaking engagements.
15. Is there a way for fans to ask you questions? Sure, reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or through any social media platform.
If your book gets chosen for a movie, who would you like to play the main characters? Not for sure about this one!
Healing Through the Light of God – My name is Jana and God has blessed me in many ways. Parents who are always supportive, an absolutely wonderful brother and sister-n-law whom I love to death, two silly nephews who amaze me daily and last but not least three furry dogs whom I adore, BMR, KoKo and Hazel. I’ve grown up going to church and I’ve had great leaders and teachers pointing the way toward God. As an adult, I am now truly seeing the great wonders in having a personal relationship with Him.
On a lighter side, I’ve also grown up on a gym floor. I was blessed enough to go to college on a volleyball scholarship and to this day a competitive spirit lives within me. Career wise, I have over 15 years of experience in marketing, public relations, and sales. I also have an entrepreneurial spirit having owned and operated a gourmet food store. I’m at the point in my life where I don’t want to waste another minute and I want to spend my time devoted to things that really matter. That is the true reason I started this blog.
My goal and my prayer are to consistently reach people and provide comfort, inspiration and guidance to live a light-filled life. God has prompted me to share my story of depression, self-worth, trust, and grace. He has opened doors to writing books and speaking engagements in order for this story to be shared. My first published book was “The D Diary” and I recently published “Claim Your Crown” and its companion study guide.
I hope you will join me on the journey and walk through the doors God opens. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16
Jana, The Child of God – I’ve been blessed to have wonderful spiritual leaders in my life and my foundation for my walk with God has and will always be my parents. They’ve taught me by study, fellowship and most importantly action in their own lives what being a Christian is really about, your relationship with God.
As in every relationship, my relationship with God has traveled from smooth sailing to rocky roads and back again. But no matter what He is my Rock that helps me overcome mountains. He is always there for me. He always listens. He is always compassionate. Even when I fail Him, He is there for me. My faith will forever reside in Him.
Jana, The Depressed – We all have different struggles we deal with on a daily or regular basis. One of my struggles is depression. Most of my friends and co-workers would never know this. In fact, most would be surprised to hear this. Do I mope around being sad? No, that’s not it. Depression rears its head in my life in the way of seclusion and irritability. This might not sound too life altering but coming from a family where depression is genetic and depression has led to multiple suicides it’s a struggle I take very seriously.
Both of my grandfathers committed suicide. It’s something I pray about. I pray for wisdom in how to deal with it. I pray that the symptoms lessen overtime. I pray that it doesn’t affect those around me. I discovered what I really always knew, that I was also depressed and my depression had found its home in withdrawal and solitude. It had pulled me away from my life and had tied me to a very limited life. It had taken me away from fun. Even more, I had lost my true self.
When I started studying and writing about my family’s journey it opened the door to happiness. It has served as a sort of therapy for me. I’ve had to analyze my own good and bad parts. Self- inflection, if led by growth and change can be an energizing event. My blog was the ultimate turning point. It gave me goals and accountability. It gave me purpose. It took my focus off of me and onto others. It gave me excitement! I’m happy to share this journey with you and I hope we can learn from each other as we go!
Additional Information On My Books
“Claim Your Crown” Are you ready? Hop on board for an amazing journey of truth. There are no pit stops or detours. We have only one destination. This train is going straightforward to your dreams and your purpose. On this ride, you will learn you have everything you need to make these dreams come true. You will learn you have a purpose given to you by God only you can fulfill. On this quest, you will meet some interesting ladies and they will help open your eyes to God’s possibilities and power. You will learn you already have everything you need to fulfill these dreams and your purpose. It doesn’t matter where you’ve been or what you’ve done in the past. It doesn’t matter if your past is full of wonderful memories or guilt and shame. God made a crown for you and it’s time to claim it.
“Claim Your Crown Devotional & Study Guide” This is a great companion to Claim Your Crown, guiding you on your own spiritual journey. Utilize this book as a tool to examine your past mistakes. Don’t be afraid to face them head on. Remember, God’s grace is there for you. Just as important, embrace all the awesome talents and traits unique to you.
Explore the women in the Bible even closer and discover the similarities you share. Discover their strengths and weaknesses. Look at how God used them for his glory and how God is trying to use you too
I know you arer nervous but don’t let your anxiety shy you away. The book will guide you through the process. It will also help you start to go after your God-given dream. The reward is great. It’s a crown!
“The D Diary” Through a very raw and personal voice, Jana Letterman paints a picture of the devastating affects depression has weaved through her family tree. The purpose of the book is to draw upon practical and proven methods to achieve a life without depression, learn to use the tools God has given to live with depression, and give insight for helping those with depression. Throughout the book she draws upon her own experiences with this disease and illustrates how all things are possible if you believe and allow God to lead you. Whether you suffer from depression, need help through a rough time or simply find comfort through the encouraging words you will find hope in this book. And, don’t we all need a little hope! She hopes you’ll walk away with tools, goals and a world full of possibilities rooted in the word of God, enabling you to live the happy life He intended for you.
“Groove” You’re one of the millions of people who struggle with mental illness. You struggle in silence, hoping to avoid stares, whispers, and prejudice. But society’s judgment has also become your inner voice. Guilt, shame, and low self-worth have entrenched themselves in your mind and heart like old grooves of sun-hardened soil. These false beliefs need loosening, turning, tilling, and ploughing until the old grooves give way to new grooves of God’s Truth.
In Groove: Stories to Refresh the Way We Think and Feel about Our Mental Illnesses, mental health advocate Daphne Tarango and nine inspirational writers tell how they’ve overturned the old grooves and false beliefs about their own mental illnesses. Groove offers encouragement and firsthand experiences from men and women who know what it’s like to have mental illness. You’ll relate to their inspirational stories about relationships, coping skills, managing symptoms, career and home, life stages and milestones, even stories about their pets, the holidays, and much more.